Yesterday, it was sunny and 64 degrees. Today, we're in a Winter Weather watch and it's 17. Yes, I said... 17. And that was the HIGH temperature for the day. Now, I realize it's winter and that I live in the midwest. These things are bound to happen. But I maintain that a 50 degree temperature swing is unfair and cruel. Guess who's staying indoors all weekend????In other news, I've finally dug out of the worst of my work backlog. Still dealing with the three magazines and haven't started on the membership directories, but the visitors guide is pretty close to being on the way to the printer. So, I spent part of today looking at baby carriers. I want to be able to carry the baby most of the time in Vietnam and a good part of the time when we get home for attachment purposes. And also so other people keep their sticky fingers off my baby :) This is what I'm thinking about... a Baby Hawk. I like the fabrics, I like that it works for infants and toddlers. And I've heard good things about it from other adoptive parents.
By the way, that's not me in the picture. I'm not that thin. Or that blonde.



4 comments:
Quite frankly, I was planning on getting my hands all sticky and gooey and then touching your baby. I don't know why you would want to deprive me of that.
We have a mai tei (mei tai?) and I like it a lot. http://www.ellaroo.com/mei-tai.php Also, I have a maya wrap if you want it. Never could figure that thing out. I'm not a sling girl.
shevon, ibalefamily.wordpress.com
I just ordered a BabyHawk Mai Tei, I can't wait for it to come in. My plan is also to stop some issues that will present themselves with my MIL...
Anyway, I ordered the cherry red straps with the Draco Dragon pattern. I'll post pictures when I get it.
Good luck with the baby carriers...that is always a hard decision!
I feel your pain with the weather. We went from 40's to ZERO in about a day and a half. Blech! Stay in and stay warm!!
Ooo I love that! Very pretty! I have a maya wrap that I like a lot (used it with my now 4 year old). The only downside was the draping tail that got in the way sometimes.
Post a Comment