First of all, let me say I'm not above a little self-promotion. Head on over to Voices for Vietnam Adoption Integrity... I'm a guest poster! If you disagree with me, be kind. *grin*
Second, wow has today been a 'travel' filled day. I spent two hours at the office making copies of taxes, passports, homestudies, and other miscellaneous documents needed for the U.S. government, who might I add already has all of this stuff in one office or another and the U.S. Embassy in Vietnam could have saved me a lot of time by just calling the IRS and USCIS. But no such luck so... I copied.
Then my mom and I had our 'travel call' with Jynger, the program director from our agency. We spent an hour going over everything from airport protocols to day-by-day agendas to cultural differences. Very cool stuff. I'm so excited to get on that darn plane that I can hardly stand it! But first we had to make yet another trip to Target for more things I've forgotten but obviously can't live without for two or three weeks.
We got home about an hour ago and decided to figure out this Skype stuff. It took no time at all and since then, we've called each other's laptops and made a call to my mom in Nebraska. Gotta love technology. Chris and I will be able to call each other for free and we can call my Dad for approximately 38 cents a minute.
Five more days and I'm on my way!
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Dianna, I read your post & it is awesome. You did a great service to air your voice! So many families go into adoption blindly, just searching for that miracle quick fix to have a family. Little research leads to BIG problems! It is my prayer that many prospective adoptive parents will really begin to understand the importance of choosing a reputable agency instead of one that promises them a child quick! Quick should be outlawed as a term used in the adoption world I think...if it's done right, there is no such thing as quick! Hope you have everything together for travel & remember: The Market in VN is much like Wal~Mart...they have about anything one could need. Best travel wishes to you Dillon Forum Friend!!
Heather M.
Post a Comment