Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Step 8!!!

We received an update on our paperwork today, and we're at Step 8. For your information, Step 8 is:

Once, the DIA receives the acceptance papers from the Dillon staff, the DIA will then send a letter to the local justice department asking them to start compiling the legal docs (child’s dossier). This process can take 30-45 business days or longer to complete.

Holy crap! In another month or so, we could be ordering our visas. Good thing the contractor is finally coming this Friday (or so he says)... I'd better dig the crib out of storage!

8 comments:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Sweet!

Melissa Cz said...

Yea, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! You must post some long awaited crib pictures!

Leigh said...

Yea...now I'm really curious about the crib too!

Congratulations...you'll be holding that baby girl soon!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

YEA!

Cindy said...

I'm sooooo jealous! I'm still on step 2-6! But, Sooooo Happy for You! You will be there in not time. Congratulations! We will be following your trip.

S. said...

Congrats! That is great news!

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

Yippee! That girl's going to have Christmas morning with the whole family, for sure! :)