Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nerves

My nerves are as tightly strung as a new tennis racket. I've been snappy and weepy and I can feel my entire body practically vibrating with stress. I'm afraid I've packed too much. I'm worried I didn't pack enough. What if I've forgotten something? What if I'm filling out the paperwork incorrectly? You get the idea.

I'm trying to remember that all I really need is my passport and a bit of adoption paperwork. I'm trying to remember that I can buy everything I need in Vietnam. I'm really just looking forward to getting on that plane in 3 days and then the worry will stop.

Three days. THREE!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Dianna you are either really lucky or blessed. Please take a moment to realize this. You have had such a seemlingy smooth/quick proccess and now you are getting your child right on schedule. There are many families who thought they would be traveling with you or just after you that now may not have their children before Christmas(we are still praying for a miracle and a speedy G&R during the transition). You have so much to be thankful for. Dwell on that and I am sure the last few days will be much easier for you =).

Julie said...

I am SO excited for you!!

I'm sure you have a million things going through your mind and I know you will worry about the girls and Chris while you are gone. Just take a deep breath and enjoy everything.

Look at the next few days as areally long labor. Then once you have Phoebe in your arms the labor pains go away and you have the bliss of motherhood all over again.

This is going to be such an amazing journey for all of you and I can wait to follow along with you.

Kathy said...

You really really truly can buy ANYTHING you need in Vietnam so let the packing fear go. The Dillon staff in Vietnam is excellent and patient and will help you through the paperwork. I know you're nervous and its natural -- but don't forget to be happy too! I'm happy for you!

Unknown said...

Well Dianna, we are almost on the plane! Can't wait to see her in person.

Leigh said...

Yours was one of the first blogs I stumbled upon when we started this process and you were only a couple months ahead of me. I have cheered your progress every step of the way because it helped to validate our process.

Now, as you make your final countdown, I'm just plain giddy with excitement for you and your family!

Stop stressin', it's all GOOD!

Anonymous said...

And the ambesol! You can't get it easily there.
Dianna, this is your time! I'm so excited for you. Enjoy every moment of nerves. It sears the experience into your memory and you'll look back on all of this with clarity and wonder. You're going to have an amazing time. Your baby is spending her last few nights in the baby room, and then she's yours. Just breathe deeply and take lots of photos.
Every blessing!
Carla

Ruth said...

Dianna, you are so close! hang in there - I saw your packing list and you are gonna be just fine (I hope so 'cause i am going to copy it!). I am so very excited for you - and i imagine i will be in the same place when i get this close. I am sure it is quite stressful but the reward at the end of that plane ride, wow, now that's something to dwell on :).

Cindy said...

Dianna,
I am getting excited with you! Nothing like a good countdown to something you've been waiting for a long time! Experience it all! The nerves, the joy, the excitement, the stress, all of it comes as part of the process. Here's to you girl!

S. said...

I am already stressed about the packing so I can only imagine how you are feeling! Of course your feelings are perfectly understandable--I know you are very thankful that are traveling to meet your daughter, and that you don't need to be reminded of that! Just a few more days!