Thursday, October 11, 2007

Miscellany

Airline tickets have been purchased! Mom and I fly out on November 1st and arrive in Ho Chi Minh City on the evening of the 2nd, after brief stops in Chicago and Seoul, Korea. Oh man, it is just too cool that I finally got to purchase tickets for the plane that will carry me to our baby girl!

I also had lunch with the fabulous Kate today. Very few people could be as fun and snarky in person as they are in their blog posts, but Kate is the rare exception. Over a lovely lunch at Panera, we discussed adoption progress and lack thereof, nifty techniques in fertility treatment, and we held a mini-summit during which we agreed upon the division of tv/movie boyfriends. I get 1980s Airwolf manly-man Jan-Michael Vincent, while Kate called dibs on the Hawaii hotness that is/was Tom Selleck, and we've agreed to share current love interests Matthew McConaughey and Julian McMahon. Oh, she also completely gave over Dule Hill without a fight, which obviously calls into question her judgement, but I think we were both satisfied with the results :) I can't remember how exactly we wandered into this conversational area. I think we started with a question about her dog, meandered into the confusion that was the last few seasons of Charmed, which then led to Julian McMahon... and then things get foggy.

And, in a demonstration of my superior parenting skills, I let the girls have pudding cups for their after-school snack today. Natalie peeled the lid off and started licking the pudding off. I held my hand out and asked her to hand it to me, whereupon she said 'Wait mom, we shouldn't waste any chocolate' and cleaned a little spot off with her tongue. Who says I'm not raising my kids right???

6 comments:

Cindy said...

You are just a breath away from your little girl! Nothing better than to be able to schedule your flight...that is a definite light at the end of the tunnel.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo for tickets!

And thanks for the pic. drool.

Julie said...

Next thing they will be drinking diet coke for breakfast. Oh forgive me I was referring to myself. LOL

Yeah for the tickets. Have you started packing yet? And when are we going to see some pictures of that crib?

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

In some kind of possibly pms induced drooly abandon, let me just say that he is hot. H.O.T. Hot.

Anonymous said...

LOL. You're a kick. Always happy to be a companion-in-snark. Nice picture, btw. Drool.

And yay for tickets!!

Nadra said...

Natalie is a girl after my heart!!!

BTW....Matthew is mine...so back away slowly. :)