Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Things I Worry About

The oh-my-god-i'm-going-to-vietnam panic has set in and there are a few things I'm worrying about. Forget stuff like attachment and going to a 3rd world country and living for 2-3 weeks in a hotel room with a 9 month old. Here's the really important stuff:
  • What if Chris feeds the girls Chinese takeout every night for supper? I HATE Chinese food and he shouldn't be influencing the girls' minds (and palates) like that!
  • What if I miss the 6 hour live Ghost Hunters event on Halloween night? I've been looking forward to it for MONTHS!
  • Season 4 of Project Runway will start soon and my husband thinks Tim Gunn is annoying - what if he won't tape it for me!?!?
  • What if I can't access Celebrity Baby Blog every day?
  • What if Meredith and Julie and my other Dillon friends receive referrals while I'm gone and I don't find out until I get home??? Tragedy!

I've got a whole list of irrational fears like these. What can I say... I'm shallow :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I just can't believe that you are preparing to go! Wow!! Maybe your plane will leave the day after Halloween. Well, just count yourself lucky if the girls get fed 3x a day while you are gone. :) Oh, and you can check the forum all you want from VN. Set your worries aside about that one! Checking blogs and the forum is how I passed the time between Sarah's bedtime and my own, since CNN, soccer, local news (in Vietnamese), and bad movies are about the only TV options.

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

It's ok to worry. This is the time when panic sets in. If you really want to worry, worry about the basement. You are going to travel SOON and Phoebe needs Natalie's room to be ready so that you can put a crib up!