Friday, February 16, 2007

Another Big Day

You may recall that last August, we put our house up for sale and were preparing to move. When we moved into our neighborhood, there were only a few houses and it was so quiet. Now, it's being developed to within an inch of its life, and we have new neighbors everywhere. We love our current house, but were thinking that we needed a little more room when the littlest one comes home. We also both grew up on a farm and we wanted more land around our house, rather than having neighbors that we don't particularly like looking in our living room window! Well, the house sold, but then fell through, so we spent a few months trying to decide what our next step was.

Today, we take the next step. We decided to stay in the house we love (our first house). We are buying the empty corner lot next to us to ensure that we'll always have that space for the girls to play on, as well as the potential to expand the house in a few years. Right now, my kitchen window looks out over that corner lot and I really didn't want someone else to buy it, build on it, and force me to look at the side of their house whenever I'm doing dishes. (in the interests of full disclosure, I should note that I don't do dishes all that often)

As a bonus, the neighbors we don't like are selling their house :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

How cool! Well, home is where the heart is and I can certainly see why you would want more land. Sometimes I get sad that we don't have more romp-around areas for the boys. We live in one of those packed in neighborhoods and a pool is our entire back yard. Needless to say, we go camping a LOT. haha Congrats!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great solution! Are you going to fence the other lot?

Rachel said...

Dianna, that sounds like a perfect solution! It's hard to leave a house when you've really made it a HOME.