I ruffled a few feathers with yesterday's post and I really should have known better. I am not trying to say that this agency is acting unethically in any way - in fact, the reason their waiting list is so long is BECAUSE it's an ethical, well-respected agency. But I do think it's irresponsible of them to have allowed so many potential parents into the program when there was still so much uncertainty about the length of the process. If you're one of their clients and you're fine with the wait times because of the other benefits of being with this agency, then great! But yesterday I read at least three blogs of folks with this agency who were frustrated with the increased timelines and were starting to doubt that they were ever meant to be parents. That's just wrong and it made me both sad and angry. Hence, the rant.
So anyway, please don't mistake the reason for the post. It's an ethical agency... and that's not an easy thing to find... but I think they've made some bad choices that will have long-lasting implications for some of their clients. I'm already seeing the ripples on the web.
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Dianna - You didn't offend me at all. I was just stating a fact that my agency was one of those with a long waiting list. Even though I think there's at least one that might have a longer waiting list. I agree they should not have opened it up so early and to get such a huge waiting list. Although the wait is going to be long, I think it may actually be quicker than if we had been able to stay with China. We actually could never have gotten everything done before May 1st, since our we are still waiting for our 171H and don't expect it until mid or late May at least. But with the way referrals are going in China some one logged in around May 1st, it seems might not get a referral until 2009 and hopefully, we'll still get our referral hoefully in 2008 and maybe even get to travel before the end of the year. I'd love to be officially a mother, before my 40th birthday in November '08.
Post a Comment