Never trust a furry animal wearing a top hat. That's the lesson I learned when I asked Elaine to consult the famous Fill on my behalf. Fill is becoming well-known in the blog world for his prognosticating skills, so I asked if he had any insight into a future adoption for this Kansas Family. However, it seems the little rodent is more interested in his social life and was unable to (or unwilling) to take the request seriously. Elaine tried to instill a sense of duty but there's evidently only so much you can do with a sassy groundhog.
So, even though my husband isn't budging on his 'three kids is enough' stance, I'm choosing to believe that at some point in the future I'll get him to sign on the dotted line for one last adoption. Jynger and I are working on an elaborate scheme involving margaritas and asking him to sign the bar tab...
But here's where I need a little help. Chris refuses to discuss baby names because... well... he doesn't think there will be another baby. But since he's obviously mistaken, I need my blog buddies to give me a few ideas for future contemplation.
Boy or girl... what names work with Natalie, Anna, and Phoebe?
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Hmm . . . I've always liked Isabella and Beatrice for girls, and Sophia. I've never had much of a lsit for boys, though. You're husband is toast. I just know it.
I think you need three syllables. That way things are even. Two kids with two syllables and two kids with three. Plus, three syllables work well with you last name.
This place lets you search by syllables and other fun criteria:
http://www.yeahbaby.com/baby-names-search.php
And of course there is the super cool name voyager graph:
http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager
By the way, it's ok to name daughter number 4 after me and my insanely perfect trio of syllables. I completely give you my permission. :)
Rachel. Boy or girl. :)
Seriously though, I may have to think a bit and get back to you. I haven't contemplated names in a long time. Have I ever told you that Ava was almost an Anna? That was our planned name until about 2 weeks before her referral friends of ours had a baby girl and named her Anna, so we went back to the drawing board.
OK, wait I've thought a little... One of my favorite names for a girl has always been Lydia. I think that would fit in pretty well with your other girls. For boys I tend to like short names for some reason. Max, Alec, Ian to name a few. Of course, I'll probably think of a dozen more the minute I hit "publish". :)
I just searched your blog for your old list of names...Phoebe, Evelyn and Juliet.
Phoebe is just perfect for...well....Phoebe.
So, this little munchkin could be Juliet. I love that name....and it's a 3 syllable name....and she could be another princess.
For boys...I'm a short name kinda girl. No names that can be shortened. Our list included Dan, Isaac, Isaiah (OK, that one was mine not Charlie's), and Marc.
I love the margarita / bar tab scenario. Maybe when you guys come to Tulsa later this fall, we could just make that happen. :)
Seriously? Names? You are one brave woman.
I vote for Evelyn or Lydia. Or Claire or Claudia. I love 3 syllable names. If my grandmother wasn't a "Faye" those would be my choices. Evangeline was way up there of course as well.
I think you need a boy to round things out. I too like 2 or 3 syllable names like Joshua, Isaiah, Maxwell(not sure why I like that one but I do). I do not like the currently overused Aiden, Kaden, Hayden, Fayden, and Layden(ok, not sure if that last one is actually a name, lol) names that are so popular right now. It's not that they aren't nice names(some are), it's just that it seems everyone is naming their boys something ending in "aden".
Anywho, We'll say a prayer that the Lord will guide you to the perfect decision for your family.
Cameron, Cristian because they sound "princy" and I like Juliet for the girl.
Julia.
And I love Evelyn!
My all-time favorite boy name is John Charles (grandfather). Dh said no b/c it is "too English". He is German. His mother suggested Florian for a boy. I swear. Can you imagine!
And I agree with Elaine...can't wait to see how long it takes him! You are a brave woman. I am definately done.
I think your husband is right...you already have NAP...now go to bed. :)
Post a Comment