
If you have been involved in the long, drawn out conversations about my future camera purchase... thank you.
If you haven't, be very very grateful.
For those of you not following along, I was contemplating the purchase of a Canon PowerShot. It's a lovely camera and I was pretty excited about it, until I heard from many sources that I might not be happy if I didn't buy a SLR camera. I'd like to get into photography a bit, and from what I've heard, the SLR is the only way to go. It's also very expensive. And, since I'm not independently wealthy, it's also not in my budget at the moment.
That is, a DIGITAL SLR is not in my budget at the moment. But, in what my husband now refers to as 'the evil camera plan', I've found a solution. I'm going to buy a used film SLR camera and then, in a few months, upgrade to the digital version. I can still get my 'photography kick' started ASAP, but I don't have to shell out a ton of money. In fact, the SLR camera my sister owns can be found on eBay for around $75-$100. Whoo! Even better, the lenses for the SLR film cameras will work with the digital cameras, so I can start playing NOW (which is incredibly important, since I have a thing about immediate gratification) and then buy a DSLR body-only kit later, using the other camera's lens until I suddenly find I need a ton of new camera accessories. Which may possibly take less than 15 minutes.
You may be able to see why my husband is calling this the 'evil camera plan'. Ha!
In conclusion... baaaaaaaaaa. I'm such a sheep. But without all of you, I'd still be in the dark ages with *gasp* a point-and-shoot camera. Thank goodness I have friends like you :)



No comments:
Post a Comment