Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back to Semi-Normal



This is Phoebe on Christmas Eve, showing off her snazzy hat while her sisters sprinkle Magic Reindeer Food on the lawn at Grandma & Grandpa's house. If you haven't heard of Magic Reindeer Food, I'd be happy to enlighten you. It's a mixture of oatmeal and glitter. The glitter draws the attention of the lead reindeer, signalling a safe place to land. The oatmeal gives the deer a snack to munch on while Santa is inside filling the stockings. It was COLD that night and Phoebe had no clue what was going on... but she sure looked cute!

I love Christmas but man, is it tiring. Take your Christmas cards, holiday parties, gift wrapping... then add 15 hours in the car over 6 days with 3 kids and a miniature poodle and I'm ready for that long winter's nap I keep hearing about. We've managed to get the car unloaded and most of the presents are put away. Today we took down all of the Christmas decorations and the tree. When I was younger, I HATED taking down the tree. To me, it felt like all the fun and magic was over as soon as the tree went back in its cardboard box. As an adult, I can't wait to put the decorations away. Once the presents are opened and the trip to Nebraska is over, I'm ready to say goodbye to Christmas for another year. It may have something to do with the fact that I have a 7 1/2 foot tree that consumes a large portion of my living room. But the decorations are back in storage, my house is a normal disaster instead of a holiday-related disaster, and I'm trying to outline my resolutions for 2008. I'll keep you informed :)

1 comment:

Scott and Leslie said...

Love the picture of Phoebe in her new hat!