Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rough Waters

It's been 2 months since the last referrals were announced on our agency's forum. To be fair, that doesn't mean there haven't been any referrals - just that we haven't heard about them. However, I also know there haven't been any girl referrals at all over the last two months, because we haven't budged on the waiting list.

On the one hand, we know there are babies in process and that we should hear something soon. On the other hand, no one knows when 'soon' is.

The last time referrals came through, it had been 2 1/2 months since the last girl referral. Things started to get quiet on our agency's forum. And then things started to get tense. It's happening again. This endless waiting is almost unbearable some days. The emotional roller coaster keeps you strapped in tight and there haven't been many days where I could get off and buy a ticket for the merry-go-round instead. I really need to see good news soon - even if it's not OUR good news.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on edge over wanting to see some more referrals and I'm not even waiting! The worst part through this whole process is the "unknown". Simple waiting a long time would be one thing, but to wait a long time with absolutely no idea when it will all come together is excrutiating. I'm so sorry you are in the midst of this right now. It stinks. Bad.

I think it was just said on the forums...maybe this is the calm before the referral storm. It's been a long time since we've had some referral celebrations.

Anne said...

Believe me when I say I understand how you are feeling! Things are really tense over on our end as well because our agency has not received ANY referrals yet. NONE. I think Rachel is right--it's just the calm before the referral storm. Hang in there. We are all praying and pulling for each other, and hoping to hear some good news soon.
-Anne, PAP
mntovn.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This IS such a hard time for referrals. The March 1 fall-out, I guess. It WILL happen, it just has to! And soon!

Susan said...

It's going to happen for you very soon. I just FEEL it! Sending good vibes your way.

Tricia and Kirk said...

I am so sorry that you are having to wait and wait and wait. It is horribly torturous and insanely unpredictable. Blah!

Jessica said...

You had it correct. there have been no girl referrals in over 2 months and only 3 so far this year.

Julie said...

It's been a tough couple of weeks on everyone. I'm hoping after the 4th we start hearing some news.