Standing in water, but standing none-the-less! Our basement carpets are squishy and it will be a day or two before the water restoration people can get here, but at least the creek didn't overflow. We did have a bag packed so we could evacuate if necessary - we're good little Boy Scouts! Luckily, our rain chances are minimal for the next few days and water levels should go down again.I'm hoping the termites drowned. The termite people were supposed to eradicate that particular problem today, but they didn't show up. I'm more than a little irritated by the lack of a phone call, but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, since much of our town has been under water. Isn't that nice of me?



5 comments:
Holy crap! Is that a pic of Topeka? That's crazy!!
WOW! I am glad to hear you will get a chance to dry out!
OK...glad to hear that you guys are OK. Let's pray that the rain stops and things begin to dry out.
Now that's some rain! So glad you guys are NOT having to float in all of that. You need a lot of warm sunshine to make that water go away!
Heather in SC
Yikes. Thank goodness you were spared most of that! A city about 3 hours north of us looks the same way. I think they received 9" in 48 hrs or somewhere in that ballpark.
Hope that hot, dry weather is coming for you soon.
Post a Comment