Thursday, May 03, 2007

I Hate It When He's Right

After further evaluation, my husband might be right. Don't tell him I said that. However, with the current rate of referrals of girls in the 0-12 month age range for our agency and our position of #5 on the waiting list, it looks like it might be September or even October before we get our referral. I had been hoping for July, which is still possible, but doesn't seem very likely. So... travel before Christmas probably isn't happening. Which means I just might be here for the Super Bowl after all. *sigh*

***Update*** I feel better now that I've whined about it. With travel running 4-5 months after referral (depending on province, don't compare timelines, blah blah blah), a July referral was my safety zone. I could still potentially travel with an August referral, which would be dandy. And if our little girl isn't ready for us until September or October, I'll be whining on here a whole heck of a lot more. You have been forewarned :)

4 comments:

Tricia and Kirk said...

Dianna,
I am so sorry that times are so slow. When we started they told us 1-3 months, then 3-6, and then 6-9. We made it at 8 give or take a few days. It will come but man it stinks to wait.

S. said...

Whine away, isn't that what these blogs are for?

Jessica said...

like Tricia we were told 1-3 then 3-6 and now 6-9 and we at over 7 months now. I am really hoping to not get up to 9 months. But the worst part is... there is nothing we can do but wait... ugh!

Anonymous said...

I'm already whining and we've only been on the list for a month! :)

- M.