Thursday, December 14, 2006

Random Thoughts

Why are people still investigating Princess Diana's death? Aren't there other things to spend time and money on that might be more relevant for the still-alive-portion of the London population? Just wondering.

Do you think our I-171H has been authenticated yet? I really want it to get back to the agency's office by the end of the week so they can send the dossier off to the San Francisco for consularization. I want to celebrate New Year's knowing that we've finally made it onto that elusive 'List'.

I was looking back thru some of my old posts last night and 1) had to laugh at how many times I've promised to be patient if only the next step would happen quickly and 2) had to cry at the some of the frustrations we've already experienced in this journey. Thank goodness for an understanding husband and an agency that doesn't mind spending hours on the phone with me.

Christmas needs to be pushed back a week or two. I've gotten the cards finished but I still have a ton of presents to wrap, a few gifts yet to buy, a holiday party to survive, major house cleaning to do, and then packing for a week's stay at various relatives' homes. I'm in trouble.

Adding to the trouble is the quilt I'm trying to finish before Christmas. I'm going to get off the internet and try to get a few threads in before supper.

4 comments:

mellow & yellow said...

Sending you good vibes on your authentication and xmas prep too!

Rachel said...

Isn't Christmas time FUN?! lol I'm totally unprepared.

I hope you hear something soon about your dossier. It shouldn't take too long at the Consulate. You'll be officially waiting in no time.

Cara said...

I got my first batch of documents back from the consulate in a few days. This time, I'm not as lucky. It's been a week. Not too bad yet, but it's my last items before I submit my dossier so I'm rather anxious.

Good luck!

LaLa said...

Have fun with your final Christmas preparations ...should keep you busy as you await the good news