Friday, November 17, 2006

Tempted by the Dark Side

Our agency, like many agencies, has a waiting child list. Many of the children have special needs of some type but some are waiting simply because they were caught up in the shut-down. Since we switched to the Vietnam program, I often check the waiting child listings. Until recently, that's all they were - listings. But this week, our agency added photos. And oh boy, was I in trouble.

There are two absolutely adorable toddler boys that I can't take my eyes off of. Reports indicate that they are healthy, active, and waiting for someone to love them. And even though we are solidly on the 'waiting for an infant girl' list, there was this little voice in my head that kept saying, 'maybe....'

So I emailed our agency today to clarify a rule. And it turns out that I was right in my initial assumption - our agency requires there to be a one year age difference between the youngest child in the home and the child to be adopted. Since Miss Anna Banana was born in the same year as these two little fellas, we're not eligible to be their family.

BUT. If you are reading this blog. And you are open to and eligible for a toddler boy. Email me. Because oh my gosh, you should see these munchkins :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I was so excited to finally see faces of those cuties! I have been regularly checking the list ever since this summer when we found our little cutie. I'm sure the pictures will help pull on some heart strings & find these children their families. I'm sorry you are not eligible, but at least that's an easy answer to the "should we or shouldn't we..." question. :)