First and foremost, since this is primarily an adoption blog... no phone call yet from the social worker. I'm trying to be patient and am assuming I'll receive a phone call tomorrow or Friday to set up our first appointment.
Second, I'd like to point out that it's much less stressful to buy a house when you don't actually own one already. Not only do we have to decide to make an offer on a new house but we also have to worry about how quickly our current home will sell. I'd rather not make a contingency offer (we'll buy your house if our house sells) but a bridge loan (we'll buy your house and keep our house and try to sell it but it's really not your problem if it doesn't) is kind of expensive... and risky. So we're waiting on numbers from the bank and then we have to decide what we want to do.
Actually, I already know what I want to do. I want to sell my house this weekend (preferably while I'm gone and without having to clean anything). I want to buy the other house (preferably for about $50,000 less than the asking price, so I can feel like I really got a bargain). And I'd like some chocolate ice cream. That's not really related to house-buying, but I've got a craving.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment