Umm, what was I saying?
Oh yes, today. Speech therapy. Today was Phoebe's first speech therapy visit. The therapist was here for TWO HOURS. Dude, I had no idea. It was terrific! There was some background info and a little time spent just visiting, but Phoebe spent a good 90 minutes working with the therapist on everything from motor skills (at or ahead of her peers at 20 months) to language (about 6 months behind). There are some indicators that Phoebe is so close to breaking through. Her receptive language skills are excellent, but verbalization isn't where it should be. So we worked on that, the therapist showed me a few tricks we can try at home, and we scheduled another appointment in a few weeks.
I have to say again - I'm really impressed by the services offered for free through our school district. And there will be even more available for Phoebe at age 3 if she needs it. But for now, we'll have these free sessions that will track Phoebe's progress and give us an excellent baseline for her language development.
Oh yes... also equally important as speech? An appreciation of Cornhusker football. Go Big Red! We'll take care of that part of Phoebe's education ourselves :)




4 comments:
Never too early to root on the Huskers. Looks like they need it this season!
The "Sooner" you teach that child about "real" college football, the better off she'll be!! LOL!
Glad the speech therapy went well. We may be headed that direction too in a few months.
Her pigtails are so cute. Love her sweet smile!
Man, she is adorable! Dylan goes Tuesday for his speech evaluation. So we will see what his delay is. I am so ready.
Post a Comment