Friday, October 10, 2008

Brain Dump

Like many of my fellow blog-post-a-day-ers, I have a ton of things rattling around in my head. For instance:
  • Camera review: I'm loving my Canon SLR! I've been most impressed with the increased quality of my indoor shots. My small point and shoot digital wasn't doing a good job with lighting and my indoor pics weren't turning out at all. The downside is that I definitely wish it was digital. I'm doing my best to tell me husband that at every possible moment, accompanied by a heavy sigh, in hopes that he'll buy me the DSLR I want for Christmas :)

  • Organizational frenzy: I'm not a meticulous housekeeper by any means. I like to straighten and fluff and call it 'good enough'. But every so often I can't stand it anymore and I want this place CLEAN. Evidently, I'm in that mode right now. And I've realized that my house has too much stuff in it to ever really be clean, so my major task is decluttering. I've gone through Phoebe's room (it was the easiest) and Anna's room (not as easy, but not bad). I think today I'm going to tackle the basement. Natalie's room and the toy room are always trashed and it's partially my fault because there just isn't a good organizational system in either of those places. I need to get a ton of clothes out of Nat's room that no longer fit and go through the toy room to de-junk before Christmas hits and well, you've seen what Christmas at my mother-in-law's looks like.

  • Back to 4th grade: Do you all remember that lovely health video they showed us in 4th grade? The one where we learned about the changes in our bodies and how life was going to suck until we hit menopause or had a hysterectomy? The local hospital has an enlightened version of the 1970s health video and Nat and I are going to a 3 hour class tomorrow. Kind of an 'our bodies, our selves' for the 8-12 year old set. Should be interesting!

And that's about it for now. See y'all tomorrow!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I am SO not ready for those conversations!! Good luck with that!!!! (Now I am stressed about having "those"talks next year!!!)