
Ever have one of those weeks where the silver lining doesn't seem very apparent? I've been having one of those. Work has been absolutely crazy, the house is a disaster, the kids have been challenging, and to top it all off, I think my cat has cancer. We've been dealing with some litter box issues for a few weeks, but I was handling it and ignoring the idea that anything was really wrong. My Cleo kitty is 16 and old age has definitely caught up with her. I've been prepared to find her quietly gone in her sleep, but dealing with the possibility of putting her down has had me in tears most of the day.
Cleo and I have an appointment with the vet on Monday afternoon and she probably won't be coming home with me. I can't even type that without crying. So a few thoughts and prayers sent my way would be really appreciated.



10 comments:
I've been there twice and it's not a good place to be. It's one of the toughest things I've ever had to do, but we do it because we loved them. I'll be thinking about you and Cleo.
I'm so sorry. Pets become your children to. Will keep all of you in our thoughts.
Oh, I know first-hand what a difficult time you're going through, and I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm sorry, Dianna. I know the special place pets fill in our lives. You are not in an enviable position. I hope you feel peace whatever the decision.
Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry. I am such a pet person and I've only had to do that once, and it wasn't easy. But know that you had 16 amazing years with your companion and that she loves you as much as you love her. I will be thinking of you.
Oh, honey. I am so sorry. Now I'm tearing up on your behalf! Animals should really live forever; it's just not fair. I'm thinking of you and Cleo and of course I'm here whenever you need me.
I'm so sorry for your pain. I had a trip to the vets like yours might be and it was really hard. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you.
Kelly
We had the same experience 2 years ago with our 13 year old doberman. So very sad. I think it's only 1 of 2 times I've ever seen my DH cry. I hope you will have someone with you when you go...it's so hard. I wish you peace in knowing she'll be in a better place free of pain.
Heather M.
We have 7 pets in the house that we love and adore, so I can relate. Thinking and praying for you guys and your beloved pet.
My dog is 16, so I am dreading this myself! Be strong and know that she's had a wonderful life with you.
Post a Comment