I am so not into vampires. Yes, there was that slight obsession with the reluctant Vampire Queen with a shoe fetish in the Unwed and Undead series... but other than that, I tend to avoid anything that sucks blood. Despite the fact that Elaine has been harping (yes, harping) about the fabulousness of the Twilight series for months, I resisted.
But I finally sat down with the first book. Wow. That'll teach me to doubt Elaine.
I'm completely loving the characters and the writing and the humor and the angst. I bought the second book in the series this morning and my weekend plans now include the book and the Olympic wrap-ups.
There's only one problem. I'm keep seeing Elaine's husband when I'm picturing Edward. And I'm still voting for vampire hair.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Noooooo! I actually do like a good vampire story, but I have been trying to avoid getting swept up in this series. Now I may just have to actually start reading it. At least it could take my mind off the delay of the Half Blood Prince movie.
hehe. I've ordered it from the library, but I think I'm 80th in line or something. BTW, I'm emailing you right now, so check your email! :)
Ha ha! I kept picturing him in my mind when I read it the first time, too. But . . . umm . . . I guess since he's my husband that would be okay. Anyway, if you want to get him out of your head, check out www.twilightthemovie.com (I think that's right). You can see cast photos and trailers and whatnot, so when you read the next one you'll be seing Cedric Diggory -- I mean Robert Pattinson -- in your head. See, this is the biggest problem with the Twilight series: they sound stupid if you haven't read them! Vampires? STUPID! LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed Twilight. Welcome to the coven . . . ummm . . . club.
Wow...now I have to buy it...
And, Wow, now you have me commenting on how handsome someone else's husband is...
Wow...
Hmmmm.... really? Prison break hair all the way!
Told ya. That's all I'm gonna say 'bout that!
Post a Comment