My Dad owes me a steak dinner.
Every year, we bet on the Super Bowl. Winner gets a steak dinner and the right to make a gloating phone call at the end of the game. The game is over and I've gloated :)
Last year, I was thoroughly invested in the game. I'm a huge Colts fan and the bet meant a tad more. Plus, my Colts were playing my best friend's Bears. This year, was different because I will admit that I'm not a huge Giants fan. Plus, although I'm irritated with the Patriots for a multitude of reasons (not the least of which is the coach's inability to wear a complete sweatshirt), I know one of the players on the team. Or, I knew him a long time ago. Back in the old days... when I was in high school. But still - capitalize on any connection you've got, right? Heh.
Nonetheless, I bet on the Giants in the all-important steak bet. And I won! Now I just need to get my Dad down here to buy a steak at my favorite place. And convince Belicheck to wear a sweatshirt with sleeves.
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I owe Dad a steak supper!!
Yes our dad, lets us each choose our own team. He now has to buy one supper and get's one. How good is that!!
I'm still pouting that the Patriots lost - even if Belichek can't wear a complete sweatshirt - which by the way, I think that red one needs to be burned - it obviously didn't help. Go back to the normal ones you wear, Bill!!!
I just noticed that I missed Phoebe's b-day. So, "Happy Birthday" Phoebe! I'm so glad you got to be home for your special day.
That was an awesome game. I hope you get your steak dinner!
Post a Comment