Friday, September 22, 2006

Getting Caught Up

Well, let's see. It's been a couple of days since I posted so let's see if I can get you all caught up.

We have an offer on our house. It was significantly lower than our asking price so we countered. We thought that was probably the end of it. Nope. Turns out they countered again this morning. We're getting pretty close to what we want, so now we have to decide what to do. We'd have to move by October 25th. Hmmmmmmm...

In adoption related news, the agency sent out a newsletter yesterday and the wait for little girls has increased to 6-9 months after the dossier is completed. We knew it would probably be 6 months, but I was disappointed to see that '9' creep in there! There is now a slight doubt that we'll have our munchkin home by Christmas next year. So we'll get our last homestudy visit done next week and move through the dossier as quickly as the process allows, which is probably at least two months of paperwork, waiting for the U.S. government, and then waiting for Vietnamese translation.

We had a leak in the basement, coming from the upstairs bathroom. I called the plumber and asked him to kindly also look at the water heater while he was here, since we thought it was starting to rust. At the moment, the nice plumber is still in the basement... replacing the water heater. I'm going to make sure we mention the nice, new water heater when we present our counter offer to the folks who want the house :) :) :)

Anna's failing finger-painting at daycare. She doesn't like getting dirty so she'll only use one finger at a time. In other school-related news, Natalie's teacher is doing a unit on spiders this week and told all the kids that spiders crawl into your mouth at night and are swallowed. That'll ensure that my 7 year old gets a good night's sleep.

And I successfully survived two magazine deadlines at work. That should fill you all in on our exciting lives. Bet you're so glad I posted!

1 comment:

-Stacy and Ted said...

Glad to hear you've got an offer on the house!!! Let us know how it goes. Praying that your wait is closer to SIX months rather than NINE!!!!!