Sunday, June 25, 2006

Still Adding to the Bottom Line

So who knew that those of us in Kansas had to have TWO copies of all this crap? Add on another $13 bucks to the Kinkos bill! Oh... and if you have to do this stuff, don't take your kids. Honestly, I was busy with the copy machine and didn't see my 2 year old coloring in that Stephen Covey book. Technically, I think it's their fault - they're the brilliant minds who put colors on a table for kids with no paper anywhere in sight!

I'm supposed to be working on my autobiography tonight. You know... the 3-4 page document in which you pour out your life story, including early dating experiences, the ways in which you coerced your spouse to propose marriage, your addiction to quilting gadgets and vanilla lattes, and the reasons you don't attend church four times a month? Instead, I'm messing around on the internet in serious avoidance mode. It's not that I can't write (I work in publishing). It's not that I don't know the answers to the questions (I was intimately involved, after all). It's just that I've finally hit the 'overwhelming' part of this process. The 'gee, I'm telling complete strangers all about my life' part of the process. The 'holy crap, we're actually going to adopt a baby from Korea' part of this process. I've been cruising right along all day today, filling paperwork out to my heart's content. But now, I don't wanna. Just like my 7 year old when I tell her to do her chores.

So I'm going to put this off until tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like explaining what, exactly, there is about my life that I'd like to change. But tonight, I don't wanna.

No comments: