Sunday, November 02, 2008

Type-A Mom

You may have seen the Type-A Mom widget in the sidebar of my blog. Type-A Mom is a new-ish community for moms, with articles written by you or me or whoever is in the mood to jot down 500 words on an appropriate topic. I'm the new Adoption Editor over there and, so far, it's been a fun gig. I write an adoption-related article once a week (in theory). It's not a paid position, unless AdSense revenue kicks in someday. So far, I think I'm up to 64 cents, so obviously I'll be retiring from my full time job any moment. *snort*

However, it's fun to have one more place on which to promote adoption, and I'm enjoying reading articles by the other editors/writers. Plus, there are side benefits. Over the next few weeks, I'll be reviewing nifty products for the Type-A Mom holiday gift guide. People who want to sell stuff are sending me swag for free - whoo!

But, since I love you all, I think you should be able to get swag, too, so I'm coming out of the closet to tell you about the 12 Days of Giveaways. I don't think the widget in my sidebar goes anywhere yet... one of the downsides of a community run by moms is that the technical aspects are sometimes prempted by diaper changes... however, I do know this much:

Beginning Tuesday, November 11th, Type-A Mom will have a huge pack of goodies for our readers to win. Each day has a Target group: Dads, Moms, Toddlers, Teens, so forth. The contests will be open for 24 hours only and have one winner.

The managing editor in charge of these goodies has assured us that she has tons of items lined up for each day. Since I know what some of those items are (thanks to my swag-reviewer status), I'm just sayin' that you might want to be checkin' it out. You can thank me later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swag reviewer, now there is a job I could get into!