Thursday, July 06, 2006

Time for a Mini-Celebration!

I went to the post office this morning and mailed the completed Application Part 2 to our adoption agency! I paid $22 to overnight it :) Rather silly, since I'm sure no one will even look at it until next week, but I feel better knowing it's there and on someone's desk. So, what was in this massive package? Three copies of:
  • formal adoption application
  • autobiographies for both Chris and I
  • photos of our family and house
  • copies of birth certificates and marriage license
  • copy of last year's taxes
  • letters from our health insurance company, my employer, our accountant, and our bank
  • our financial statement
  • the special needs checklist
  • medical forms for the girls
  • a couple of miscellaneous forms
  • and the $300 application fee

The doctor's office mailed our medical exam results last week. Three of our five references have confirmed that they've mailed their letters. Hopefully, the Kansas Bureau of Investigations and our Social Services agency are processing our requests. It looks like we're good to go! In a few weeks, we should hear that we've been approved by our agency and will be ready to schedule our first home study visit!

I'm going to celebrate by taking a long bath with a good book and a glass of wine. This type of pregnancy is, in my humble opinion, far superior to the 'no bath, no wine' regular kind :)

No comments: