Today was that great 'first moment' when you really know it's summertime....
We got the girls dressed in their swimsuits and let them run through the sprinklers :)
Actually, Natalie ran through the sprinklers. Anna looked at her like she was crazy and then went to play with the sand and water table. To each her own.
Kansas has decided it's actually July, instead of the end of May, and has blessed us with temperatures in the mid to upper 90s and some humidity to rival the Bahamas. I am more intelligent than your average bear, so I stayed inside to keep the air conditioning company. After I shot several minutes of tape on the ole' camcorder of course. What kind of mother do you think I am?
I also spent more than my fair share of time today thinking about next weekend. We'll be in Tulsa at the adoption meeting. Actually, by this time next weekend, it will be over. We'll have six hours of information rattling around our brains. We'll finally know for sure if Korea is the right choice for our family or if we should take another look at Vietnam. I'll have met one of the people who works with our agency's Korea program. And I'll finally feel like we've kicked this sucker into high gear!
I don't mean to imply that we have doubts about the Korea program. Or that Korea is a good choice for our family. I have had, however, slight doubts about the girl referrals coming from our agency recently. Two of the last three have had medical information in their referrals that concerned the parents enough to consult international adoption doctors. Not that they shouldn't have anyway... just that there was something that triggered an alarm. Korea is funny that way, in terms of international adoption. It's a Catch - 22 (great book, by the way). With a Korean referral, we'll get all sorts of detailed medical information, some of which might scare the pants off of us. With any other country, we'll get name, date of birth, height, weight, and then hope to heck there isn't anything else that might scare the pants off of us. Any other country demands a great leap of faith when accepting a referral. Korea demands a great deal of knowledge and research. Actually, I'd prefer it that way. But I also want to know if the medical issues are going to become the norm or if it was a rare occurence.
So... add that to my list of questions for next week. Oh... another reason I'm excited about Tulsa... do you know how many quilt shops that town has??? I've never met a yard of fabric I didn't like.
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment